Monday, March 21, 2011

First look of Adrianne Palicki as NBC's "Wonder Woman."




"David E. Kelley, the man behind the new "Wonder Woman" television series, has plenty to tell about getting involved with the project and how Adrianne Palicki chosen for the lead role. For starters, he initially said "No" to the project.

In an interview with New York Magazine, Kelley discussed how he ended up changing his mind and taking on “Wonder Woman."

“When I started thinking about all the complications and potential layers to this superhero, I just got more and more intrigued,” Kelly said. “It was also something I was a little bit afraid of. That’s good, too. Any writer should get out of his or her comfort zone, and this was way outside of mine.”

He eventually decided to write the script and decide what to do from there. DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. and Kelley himself all liked how the script came out, so “Wonder Woman” was a go.
At that point, all they needed was an actress who would play Diana Prince.

“She’s got to be strong, smart, emotionally accessible — and, oh yeah, an Amazon!” Kelley said of the character. He thought it would be a challenge to find an actress, but was impressed with Palicki right away.

“I just knew it. I had an instinctive feeling that this was her," he said of Pailcki, who recently made her debut in the Wonder Woman costume. "So then she read [for the part]. And she was. And she is.”
Along with Palicki, Elizabeth Hurley (Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me) and Cary Elwes (Saw, The Princess Bride) have joined the cast. Hurley’s character runs a pharmaceutical company that is creating a drug that makes people stronger while Elwes plays the CEO of Diana’s company, Themyscira Industries."

What do you guys think of the new "modern" costume of Wonder woman? Or is it even modern at all lol. I don't understand why that new costume is so damn shiney. It looks like pleather instead of leather, if thats the look they were going for. As long as she has the dark hair with the tiara, and the corset and lasso, people will know she is Wonder Woman. I'm sure she will look better on television, and the editing will be spectacular.

(mtv.com, afterellen.com and insidetv.ew.com)

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting. I just hope they refit her for the costume. She looks horrible to me. The bodice part is too short for hip length and the there is something I just can't put my finger on that bothers me about the leggings/boots. Concept is awesome but I have a feeling its not going to have a long life on the air.

    ReplyDelete